Shanti Niwas Charitable Trust [NGO] [Auckland Region]
Shanti Niwas Charitable Trust provides a range of services for South Asian seniors living in the Auckland region including advocacy, counselling, interpreting support, navigation support, elder abuse and neglect prevention service, physical and social activities (such as cultural, creative, educational, outings, festival celebrations).
Target client group: suitable for older people of Indian and South Asian origin living in the Auckland region who are socially isolated, lonely and have various age-related issues
Positive Aging Programme:
- Central Auckland / South Auckland, 14 Spring Street, Onehunga, Tue, Wed and Thur 10.30am to 2pm
- North Shore: Glenfield Community Centre, Bentley Avenue, Glenfield - 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, 10.30am to 12pm
- Pakuranga: Anchorage Park Community House, 16 Swan Crescent, Pakuranga, 1st and 3rd Wednesday 10am to 1pm
KHUSHI Elder Abuse and Neglect Prevention Service:
- Culturally appropriate support services.
- Confidential individual case work.
- Trained staff discuss issues with the seniors and their families, after needs assessment the seniors who are at risk are provided with assistance and support.
- Family Group Conferences are conducted to try to resolve the issues.
- Inter-agency referrals.
- Provide support to the carers and the families of the older people.
- Free psychologist session on Tuesday from 10.30am to 12.30pm by appointment
- Free Counselling Service on Thursday from 10.30am to 12.30pm
- Languages: Engish, Urdu, Hindi, Gujarati, and Marathi
How to access:
- Shanti Niwas Seniors Centre, 14 Spring Street, Onehunga
- Email: email@example.com
- For appointments call 09 622 1010
Jul 27, 2017